At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng. Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Decentralized Learning Specialist is responsible for developing and executing training for Operations management to achieve consistency and elevate the Panda national brand and company culture. The DLS works in collaboration with its Operations business partners to enhance business performance and facilitate career growth to achieve the Panda Vision.
Essential functions: The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
Descriptions • Plans and organizes training programs, seminars, and conferences that focus on courses that address the mindset, skillset, and toolset to elevate the performance of Operation associates. Structures and enhances leadership learning materials to be appropriate for different Operation management positions.
• Assists ACOs and RDOs in assessing and elevating Operations associates through people visits. Elevates Operations associates through the mentorship program.
• Ensures delivery of GO courses at the Support Center and in the field to provide the most effective training for Operations management. Plans and organizes GO 101 classes.
• Attends Operations meetings (Area, Regional, Zone) to provide leadership training for Operations management.
• Supports the career growth and development of Operations managers by participating in the regional People Planning process. Works with ACOs and RDOs to mentor and prepare subordinate managers for promotion. Provides advice, feedback, and support on people development.
• Participates in and supports Operations and Support Center projects as assigned. • Works with L&D to expand upon and improve current training materials. Conducts surveys, interviews, conference calls, and focus groups to gain Operations input.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent Operations experience required; Panda Operations or SC experience preferred
Minimum five years of experience in Operations and/or L&D
Completion of the PICT training
Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website