Pacific Life is embarking on a multi-year initiative to invest in dynamic people and technology, ensuring a bright future for our customers and community. To support this process, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer based in Newport Beach, CA.
As Senior Cloud Engineer, you will help us build the capabilities for the organization to leverage Amazon Web Services cloud services safely, securely, and efficiently at scale. You'll play an integral role in the design and implementation of core cloud infrastructure, cloud governance platforms and controls, and the necessary automation and best-in-class tooling to support it. If you're a business-value oriented person with proven experience building a world-class suite of cloud-enabled capabilities, you're exactly who we're looking for!
What You'll Do
• Deliver software programs, scripts, configuration files, and other programming artifacts as needed to implement solutions
• Ensure security of all assets in the cloud by integrating security best practices for shared secrets, key rotation, and other security requirements. Work with our corporate security team to enforce policies and deploy cloud security tools to protect and monitor access
• Work within a Scrum team to prioritize and organize work efforts
• Ensure the end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions
• Collaborate with other infrastructure, information security, application and support teams, reviewing design and test plans. Work with architects and other engineers to determine potential gaps and alternative solutions
• Mentor others in the principles and best practices of cloud-native architecture and design, implementation strategies and software development methodologies
• Communicate complex details in a way that people can understand
• Serve as an expert within the organization. Interpret internal or external business issues and recommend process, product, or service improvements
Tech & Tools You'll Use
Scrum or Agile software development methodology, Amazon Web Services cloud services, Chef, Terraform, Hashicorp, Vault, Lambda, Azure DevOps Pipelines, Programming languages like Python, Java, Node.JS
Factors for Success
• 8+ years' experience in an applicable cloud, infrastructure, or software engineering role
• 2+ years hands-on experience in building cloud infrastructure or cloud-native applications via automation, preferably in AWS.
• BS in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or equivalent experience and certifications, MS preferred
• Experience with bash and PowerShell as well as the command-line interface to at least one major cloud service, preferably AWS CLI
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Apply on company website