Pacific Life is looking to invest in bright, agile new talent to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with our policyholders. It's in this spirit that we are currently looking to add a Senior Internal Auditor to our team in Newport Beach, CA.
As Senior Internal Auditor, you'll play a key role in Pacific Life's growth and long-term success by supervising and executing internal audits, testing key controls, and providing risk management consultation and advice. You'll also drive the audit planning process by performing background analysis on the audit area, facilitating internal and client planning meetings, developing audit programs, risk and control matrices, and request lists. If you're a mission-driven self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you're exactly who we're seeking.
*Job grade may vary based on years of experience and skills.
What You'll Do
- Supervise and execute multiple internal audit projects across our global company simultaneously within established timelines
- Lead and conduct procedural walkthroughs with process owners and document key controls and risks identified in narratives and/or flowcharts
- Perform design and operating effectiveness testing, summarize and present results to internal audit management and client
- Draft high-quality internal audit reports with meaningful recommendations
- Assist with the preparation and facilitation of the exit meeting with client management
- Effectively team with peers and provide timely project status updates to Engagement Management
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and exhibit strong partnering skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Assist with testing of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (i.e. MAR) and special advisory projects
Factors for Success
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 3+ years of experience in internal or external audit, preferably in insurance or financial services industry
- Professional certification (CIA and/or CPA, CIA preferred)
- Ability to learn, adapt, multi-task, and adjust quickly in a dynamic environment; strong ability to team with others
- Project management, process improvement, and strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with use of Data Analytics
A career at Pacific Life is more than a job. You'll find those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for career growth. If you're seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that's all too rare at a Fortune 500 Company, you're the perfect cultural fit for our team. See how we harness the Power of Pacific to fulfill our shared purpose – apply for one of our positions and grow your career with Pacific Life today! #LI-AJ1
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered our clients innovative products and services that help them to reach their financial goals and safeguard their futures. To ensure our next 150 years are as prosperous as our first 150, we're fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
*Competitive salary and bonus program
*Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
*Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
*Generous vacation time and holiday pay
For additional information about open positions and other opportunities to join our team, visit www.pacificlife.com/home/Careers.html.
Apply on company website