Pacific Life is embarking on a multi-year initiative to invest in dynamic people and technology, ensuring a bright future for our customers and community. To support this process, we are looking for a skilled Back-End Web Developer to join our team in beautiful Newport Beach, CA.
As a Backend Web Developer, you will play a key role in Pacific Life's digital and workplace transformation as part of the Customer Experience team responsible for designing and developing web applications for the Pacific Life customer-facing websites. You'll join a team that is focused on streamlining the experience for newly appointed advisors and new business submission, evolving how advisors engage with online resources and enhancing the digital experience for contract owners.
If you have significant hands-on, professional experience with web technologies and an ability to translate business needs into solutions, you're exactly who we're seeking.
What You'll Do
- Improve customer experience by offering digital solutions to advisors and contract holders
- Modernize legacy platforms to improve speed to market, leverage the latest automation technologies to increase efficiency
- Design, document, develop, and implement/enhance highly scalable and secure Java Web Applications with focus on “back-end” development
- Collaborate with front-end developers to ensure that user-facing and server-side elements work together seamlessly to deliver web applications optimized for customer experience
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of web applications for performance and scalability
- Develop automated tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing
Tech & Tools You'll Use
Agile methodology, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, REST web services, AWS web enabling technologies, Oracle, DB2
Factors for Success
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years web application design and development in a Java environment
- AWS developer and/or architect certifications a plus
- Experience using J2EE complaint application servers (Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss)
- Experience developing REST web services
- Experience writing highly secure web applications
- Experience with core AWS web enabling technologies
- Experience with writing queries against relational databases (Oracle and DB2)
- Experience being part of an Agile software development team
- Growth mindset, challenging status quo to find new solutions and drive out-of-the-box ideas
- System thinking and experiment-oriented mindset to drive innovation
- Motivated by working within a strong team-oriented environment, holding each other accountable #LI-DD
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered our clients innovative products and services that help them to reach their financial goals and safeguard their futures. To ensure our next 150 years are as prosperous as our first 150, we're fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
*Competitive salary and bonus program
*Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
*Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
*Generous vacation time and holiday pay
For additional information about open positions and other opportunities to join our team, visit www.pacificlife.com/home/Careers.html.
Apply on company website