Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices is a not-for-profit, faith-based ministry that is a national leader and innovator in retirement living communities and long-term care. Otterbein is seeking a Hospice STNA, to assist in the growth of our Hospice ministry. Otterbein Hospice compliments already strong independent senior services, outpatient capabilities and clinical facilities at Otterbein.
If you're looking for an opportunity to serve in a mission-focused ministry committed to transforming the model of elder care delivery across the United States, this opportunity is for you!
- Provides personal care
- With respect to patient rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity to patients and their families
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner
- Keeps a record of hospice STNA plan of care for each patient assigned
- Observes, records, and reports the patient's care, symptoms, emotional and physical status
- Watches, observes, and reports any physical and gross behavioral changes in the patient's condition or family situation to the RN
- Assists in feeding the patient as needed
- Performs incidental household services, which are essential to the patient health care
- Does patient laundry, as appropriate
- Communicates appropriately with the patient/family and agency personnel
- Attends required in-services and meetings as identified by the agency [must have twelve (12) hours of in-services a year.]
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled Hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings to coordinate plan of care, follow up on changes and other communication, problem-solve, receive staff support and in-service education
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities, as indicated
- Minimum age requirement of 18. Must have completed the 9th grade, with ability to read or write at an adequate level. High school graduates and GED preferred.
- Must be an STNA (State Tested Nurse Aide).
- Minimum of one (1) year of direct patient care experience in an institutional or home care setting required with community health/hospice experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be able to work within a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with Ohio requirements.
Apply on company website