The role of the Hospital Liaison/Health Care Navigator is to drive nursing and post-acute (rehabilitative care) census results for the Columbus, Ohio Otterbein nursing ministries. The position will work on a complementary basis with the Columbus small house Neighborhood health care teams, but with a specific focus on the Columbus Medical Centers, (Mount Carmel Health System, Ohio State University Health System, Ohio Health System, and surrounding hospital systems), doctoral practices, Chambers of Commerce, social/business groups, senior centers and churches in the identified geography.
- Establish relationships with targeted hospitals (administrators, doctors, social workers, and discharge nurses) to drive referrals for patients needing long-term nursing and/or post-acute (rehabilitative) care.
- Ensure financial viability of the local ministries by developing and maintaining a relationship that yields an increased share of patient referrals from the targeted hospitals.
- Monitor and maintain targeted payer mix to meet financial goals and assure financial stability for the ministries supported.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the nursing marketing plans for Columbus Ohio.
- Assess potential referrals or potential admissions, and work to admit the patient to the optimal Otterbein location.
- Distribute brochures, fliers and other promotional items to referral sources in the targeted hospitals.
- Work closely and collaboratively with hospital and Otterbein admissions/discharge marketing team members to assure easy transition of patient from hospital to Otterbein.
- Coordinate marketing efforts to meet census goals and to keep the Otterbein location staff advised of anticipated referrals, tours and/or admissions.
- Identify opportunities and execute those selected opportunities to make working with Otterbein easier and more efficient for Medical Center and doctoral practice personnel.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Recognize the autonomy and dignity of all patients/residents.
- Communicate a sense of caring, concern, and dignity for patients/residents.
- Understand how to place decision-making in the hands of the patients/residents when appropriate.
- Make prompt and accurate judgments with regard to patients/residents care and emergencies.
- Work and communicate effectively as part of the self-directed marketing work team.
- Interest in caring for the quality of life needs of patients/residents.
- Establish excellent relationships and ongoing communications with hospital personnel in referral marketing, management and decision-making roles.
- BA/BS preferred; plus three to five years of sales/marketing experience with a proven track record in referral marketing, healthcare admissions in a senior care or nursing home setting.
- Knowledge of data management (customer relationship management) programs preferred.
- LPN, RN, or social worker with experience as a clinical liaison (preferred).
- Excellent organizational/planning/time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to connect with referral partners and patients/residents.
Apply on company website