Otterbein SeniorLife is a vibrant, faith-based, not-for-profit ministry founded in 1912, serving older adults throughout Ohio. Otterbein provides a variety of lifestyle choices that respect independence and enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons. Otterbein is known in the community for its high quality care services, including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Post-Acute/Rehab and Wellness Services.
Otterbein SeniorLife Cridersville has an employment opportunity for a Driver to transport our residents to and from scheduled appointments and activities in community-owned vehicles. The schedule consists of approximately 20-30 hours per week, varying days/hours Monday through Friday, as well as every other weekend. This position exists in order to enhance the quality of life and nurture the growth of older persons by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with others to attain goals.
- Operates small and medium size cars and passenger vans to transport residents to/from scheduled appointments and/or activities
- Assists residents as they get in and out of vehicles, if needed
- Assists with coordinating the transportation department schedule
- Inspects, schedules service and cleans vehicles
- Pumps gasoline and diesel fuel, checks oil, water and other fluid levels, provides routine under the hood service inspections
- Interacts positively with residents, family members, visitors, and other partners under a variety of conditions and circumstances
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Licensure/Certification: Valid Ohio Driver's License with clean driving record
- Experience: Three years of car or small van driving or equivalent vehicle experience preferred
- Skills: Ability to do pre-trip inspection of vehicle. Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with residents and other partners. Ability to find locations using standard road maps as well as written and verbal directions.
Apply on company website