ARetail Applications Software Architect guides the technical design and direction of enterprise-level software solutions. Our Retail applications are Java based and comprise everything needed to run a store including Point of Sale, applications to track and manage store inventory, reporting, and data transfer processes to move store data to corporate servers and corporate data to the stores. Our Software Architects have advanced technical knowledge in all areas of software development, analysis, and design. They are experts on existing software architecture design and inter-connectivity with upstream and downstream systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with Software Engineers, Database Analysts and Systems Architects to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing theoretical design of software systems.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape coding standards and software development life cycle best practices.
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles.
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use of software.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project.
- Advanced understanding of change management and the O'Reilly change control process and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others.
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of programming, database systems, and systems analysis and design.
- Expert in Java, restful web services, postgresql and postgres jsonb, JavaFx
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
$85,000.00 - $135,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Apply on company website