The Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating efforts to develop, test, and maintain departmental business continuity plans as well as collect and analyze business impact data needed to facilitate IT Disaster Recovery plan development. This position will maintain the data used in the continuity management system to ensure it contains appropriate and accurate data for use in business continuity and disaster recovery planning. In addition, this position will manage, maintain, and test the notification system used to contact personnel in the event of a disruption. This position will have the opportunity to meet with departmental personnel to promote awareness of policy, purpose, and value of business continuity and disaster recovery planning. Additionally this position will relate business processes to technical and non-technical dependencies.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with IT to develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinate with departments to develop and maintain accurate business process and dependency information.
- Develop and distribute a business impact assessment and analyze responses to determine critical processes and dependencies.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure all critical business processes are included in a business continuity plan for the appropriate department.
- Prepare and provide reporting for leadership review of critical processes and recovery time objectives as well as provide documentation of gaps identified in business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Create dashboards for business continuity metrics.
- Coordinate with IT to develop and maintain inventories necessary to support business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Train department and IT users on how to navigate and use the continuity management and notification systems.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure data needed for the notification system is accurate and current and conduct regular testing of the notification system to ensure functionality and coverage.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years applicable work experience.
- Demonstrate expertise in at least 3 relevant areas including business continuity plan management, disaster recovery planning, incident management, application recovery, hardware fail over or recovery.
- Knowledge of business continuity concepts and IT technologies.
- Strong ethics and understanding of ethics in business and information security.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail.
- Professional Certification such as Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) desired.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
Apply on company website