The DC HR Business Partner will provide human resources support for DC management and team members through recruiting and hiring applicants according to staffing needs, conducting new team member orientation, and conducting benefits classes. This position will maintain close contact with corporate human resources to ensure compliance with O'Reilly policies and procedures, and state/federal employment laws and regulations. They provide team member relations support, and work with management and team members to ensure the highest level of morale and productivity.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for recruitment of distribution center positions
- Attend local job fairs and establish a relationship with local schools to recruit for openings
- Draft and place employment advertisements for the distribution center and process invoices for approval and payment
- Accept Referral Bonus Forms and forward to corporate human resources.
- Maintain current job postings for distribution center
- Prepare and post internal and corporate job opening announcements
- Coordinate application process and conduct preliminary interviews
- Conduct pre-employment testing, check references, and arrange pre-employment drug screens
- Develop and maintain relationship with temporary agencies and coordinate assignments for temporary employees
- Support DC manager and supervisors in team member relations efforts; work to ensure high team member morale, and coordinate the progressive discipline process and application of other human resources policies with local management and corporate
- Conduct new team member orientation, responsible for timely completion of new hire paperwork, and benefit enrollment information
- Place orders for uniforms, review billing from uniform company, and prepare for payment
- Process team member status changes for DC manager approval and submit to corporate human resources
- Coordinate driver drug testing, physicals, ensure DOT compliance, and maintain DOT driver files.
- Answer questions from team members concerning benefits, insurance, and any personnel questions that may arise
- Maintain performance evaluation schedule and coordinate distribution of performance evaluations to distribution center supervisors making certain that performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Collaborate with risk management to manage all work-related team member injuries
- Responsible for prompt reporting of all accidents to either risk management or claim administrator as directed by risk management
- Work with risk management driving eligibility administrator to ensure driving eligibility requirements are satisfied, including pre-employment MVRs and drug testing
- Coordinate post-accident claim management with injured team member's supervisor, DC safety supervisor (if applicable), and risk management
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years as human resources specialist
- Experience with PC's
- Excellent communication, leadership, and employee relations skills
- Record of organizational, recruiting, and counseling skills
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older, able to pass a background check, drug test and/or MVR check, as applicable for the role
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
Apply on company website