Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a AV System Designer III to join us in our Littleton, MA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The AV System Designer III creates and manages AV construction related system design documents using AutoCAD Microsoft Office and assorted product-specific applications. He/ she ensures that appropriate project-related design documents are created updated filed and/or distributed in keeping with project schedules. The incumbent develops or adapts AV solutions based on customer requirements. The AV System Designer III maintains responsibility for component identification and qualification. He/ she provides technical product support to the installation and service teams.
As an AV System Designer III working on the Systems Integration Engineering team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by designing site specific systems. This includes generating or adapting all design documentation required for successful manufacturing and installation of the products we deliver. Maintaining a global and scalable perspective when defining standard system components, assemblies and kits will be a key part of your role. In a typical day you will work with project management and members of the sales team to gather system requirements for the systems you design.
* Design for System Integration Projects Consult with Project Managers to capture requirements for design implementation.
* Complete the design of related CAD drawings (signal flow and rack elevation) to support each SI ENG project.
* Adapt audio video and control flow diagrams to meet site-specific requirements.
* Adapt rack elevation and wiring detail drawings to meet site-specific requirements.
* Document structural requirements (e.g. blocking bracing etc.) for the mounting of displays cameras and other equipment.
* Maintain Design Controls per procedure Provide consultation to Project implementation team to support installation activities.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in technical degree.
* Ability to work flexible hours as required.
* Minimum 5 years of audio visual design experience with complex systems CTS-D certification preferred
* Experienced and proficient in design using AutoCAD or equivalent.
* Experienced with medical instrumentation and video imaging preferred.
* Experienced with managing/interface with vendors and contractors.
* Working knowledge of electronics and audiovisual equipment preferred.
* Experienced with directly managing design and/or development projects.
* Ability to interact with field personnel management and customers.
* Possess a high degree of self-reliance initiative and creativity.
* Have strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Must have a high degree of personal organization.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website