The System Medical Director for Neonatology serves in a strategic clinical leadership role that will collaborate with senior clinical and administrative leadership across the Womens Services and Pediatrics Centers of Excellence to lead clinical transformation, alignment and integration of NICU services across the Ochsner Health System and our partners to ensure delivery of the highest-quality, evidence-based care at a unit best matched to the needed level of care and the familys home.
System Chair and AMD for Pediatrics with matrixed responsibility to System Chair for Womens Services and Maternal Fetal Medicine
The System Neonatology Medical Director will be based at Ochsner Baptist Hospital in Uptown New Orleans at our Level 4 NICU. In addition, this individual would have operational oversight of nursery and NICU at other Ochsner and partner facilities in Southeastern Louisiana.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic and operational leadership for the adoption and implementation of a plan to leverage a single network of neonatologist and NNPs to provide care across the NICU network in the greater New Orleans region.
- Assure top quality care across the NICU network with a goal of top quartile performance in as many Vermont Oxford Key Performance Indicators as possible
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Womens Services and MFM departments to grow Ochsners volumes of newborns across the region while providing care coordinated to serve both the maternal and neonatal level of care required in the same geographical location and with the same standard of expert care.
Required Education and Experience:
- Licensed Practicing Provider MD/DO with board certification in Neonatology by the American Board of Pediatrics and active Louisiana Medical License or ability to acquire
- Experience leading a multi-site system of NICUs
- Experience leading a group of physicians through change and growth.
Sorry no J1 Visa opportunities
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law The System Medical Director for Neonatology serves in a strategic clinical leadership role that will collaborate with senior clinical and admini...
Apply on company website