Position must be posted for a minimum of 10 days
BASIC FUNCTION: Work with Coordinator to coordinate and implement operations for the after school programs designed to compliment learning and enhance achievement of students; assist schools in implementing operational procedures that will fulfill the goal of becoming full-service schools by integrating after school programs with the regular daily academic curriculum.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: (Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements).
E = Essential Functions
- Assist with the operational aspects of implementation of grant-funded after school programs to ensure that program goals are achieved, necessary parties are mobilized, and efforts of all personnel involved in the programs are coordinated. E
- Oversee operations including staff supervision, fiscal reporting and attendance tracking. E
- Guide planning and coordination of after school programs with partners, other participating agencies, district curriculum leadership, administrators, teacher leaders, teachers and/or other appropriate staff. E
- Assist in creating a district-wide culture shift and with staff training to imbed the concept of complementary learning associated with after school programs. E
- Provide professional development, training and support for after school program staff. E
- Serve as the interface between the after school programs and internal district functions such as Nutrition Services, Security, Custodial operations, etc. E
- Assist in managing city-wide partnerships for providing after school education and safety programs. E Research and define the best practices for after school programs. E
- Prepare and present reports on after school programs for the appropriate District leaders, agencies, private providers, community, and other audiences. E
- Collaborate with the City of Oakland to collect data and statistics for progress monitoring and evaluation of programs. E
- Assist site principals, teachers and parents in evaluating, enhancing and communicating regarding the support provided by after school programs. E
- Supervise personnel funded by grants and other sources, as assigned. E
- Monitor services according to quality standards. E
- Perform related duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to: a Bachelor's degree and five years experience. Administrative experience and/or business management experience preferred.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid California Driver's License.
- Employment eligibility that may include fingerprints, health (TB) and/or other employment clearance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Funding sources and requirements for After School Education and Safety programs, 21st Century Community Learning Centers, and Oakland Fund for Children & Youth Effective strategies, theories, techniques, and methods of professional and organizational development
- Effective after school programs and program delivery District curriculum and school instructional programs
- Principles and techniques of data collection, analysis and report writing
- Effectively assess, manage, and develop resources.
- Deliver high-quality, high-value services
- Effectively implement Oakland Unified School District's after school programs
- Adapt service offerings to site needs
- Work with other district leaders to assure their services are consistent and aligned
- Facilitate, communicate orally and in writing, and listen
- Prepare documents, reports, and presentations using WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint (Technology Proficiency)
- Adapt services based on data.
ENVIRONMENT: Indoor office setting; driving a vehicle to conduct work; fast-paced work, constant interruptions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents, perform assigned duties; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects.
Apply on company website