Due to union restrictions, this position is only available to current employees of this school district for the first 5 days following the posted date. Applications submitted by job seekers not currently employed by the school district will not be considered during this specific time period. EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY.
BASIC FUNCTION: Perform a variety of routine, difficult duties requiring good communication skills by assisting the school staff in supervising students in cafeteria areas and on playgrounds during breakfast, lunch and recess periods at an assigned school.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: (Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements).
E = Essential Functions
- Perform a variety of routine, difficult duties requiring good communication skills by assisting the school staff in supervising students in cafeteria areas and on playgrounds during breakfast, lunch and recess periods at an assigned school. E
- Maintain order in serving lines and at eating areas. E
- Guide pupils in maintaining clean and safe eating and play areas. E
- Lead or supervise organized and unorganized recreational activities. E
- Enforce school rules concerning the health, safety and proper behavior of pupils. E
- Correct or report conditions hazardous to the health and safety of children. E
- Report all accidents involving actual or suspected pupil injury to designated staff. E
- Perform first aid as required. E
- Perform related duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to: graduation from high school and one year of relevant experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Employment eligibility that may include fingerprints, Tuberculosis and/or other employment clearance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Routine, difficult duties in supervising students
Requirements to maintain cafeteria and playground in a safe, clean and orderly condition
Good communication and interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
District policies regarding health, safety and other procedures
First aid techniques
- Perform a variety of routine, difficult duties involving supervision of student activities
- Communicate clearly with students, staff and others
- Understand and follow oral and written directions and work cooperatively with others
- Meet schedules and time lines and maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment
- Administer first aid
- Complete work accurately and as directed with many interruptions
School cafeteria and playground environment; constant interruptions.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone; seeing to read a variety of documents; reaching overhead, above the shoulders or horizontally, or bending at the waist; dexterity of hands and fingers to work with students and playground equipment; lifting light objects.
The Oakland Unified School District does not discriminate in any program, activity, or in employment on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, sex, or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website