NSC is currently hiring Sheetmetal Mechanics for Jacksonville, FL.
Job Description: This position is responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, sheet metal repairs and installation on maritime vessels such as Navy Ships, Military Sealift Command ships, and commercial vessels. Repairs and installation include shipboard and shop tasks required to plan, layout, fabrication, and assemble various sheetmetal structures throughout the ship. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of ship terminology, blueprint reading, measurements, and the ability to interpret job specifications and drawings. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must possess the ability to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor, improvers, and helpers.
6. Must be able to read and interpret structural drawings, sketches, and specifications.
7. Must be able to interpret appropriate sections of NAVSEA, ABS, Coast Guard standards and manufacturer s tech manuals.
8. Must have experience repairing and installing shipboard habitability spaces including: berthing equipment; galley equipment; ventilation ducting (heating and cooling); and joiner doors in accordance with drawings, specifications, and sketches.
9. Must understand the principle of balancing air systems including taking proper readings and documenting the results.
10. Must have experience using hand and power tools and understand the operation of fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers.
11. Must have experience tack welding using SMAW or GMAW.
12. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
13. Six (6) years of related experience, three (3) of which were in the maritime environment.
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME TODAY TO jana.Bostick@nsc-tech.Com OR CALL/TEXT JANA AT 817-617-9875
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
Long Term Opportunities
Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Training and Career Growth Opportunities
The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Apply on company website