1 to 5 Years of work experience:
This position is responsible for fire prevention and fire protection at the assigned work site. The
qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability
desired by the shipyard.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Read and comprehend basic instructions and general correspondence in English.
2. Be able to clearly communicate verbally in English to warn others of fire or other danger.
3. Understand the hazards associated with fixed and portable fire protection systems and the
manner in which the systems are activated.
4. Understanding of proper use and care of fixed and portable fire protection systems.
5. Understand the Shipyard Competent Person Report, and where to find it.
6. Know the types of fire, the materials involved, and the type of fire extinguisher needed to
suppress the fire.
7. Possess a FireWatch training card.
8. Be able to wear clothing appropriate for the task. No exposed jewelry shall be worn while
working. Finger nails shall be short. Long hair shall be worn in pony tail or wrapped for
protection and should not interfere with hard hat. Ability to wear PPE, especially respirators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Have Fire Watch Training card with them at all times in the shipyard.
2. Carry out Fire Watch procedures to protect personnel and customer and BAE property from fire
3 . Ensure that designated hot work area is clean and free of combustible materials before hot work
4. Keep your work area clean and safe at all times, especially at the end of the shift.
5 . Warn other personnel of danger, or to evacuate, by verbal or other prearranged method of
6. Show initiative and ownership of work and work area.
7. Adhere to all safety rules and good work ethics. Be accountable for completion of work
8. Arrive at the designated work site at the assigned time. End the shift as directed by the schedule
and your supervisor or journeyman.
9. Work shifts and overtime as assigned the supervisor.
10. Comply with OSHA standards and BAE best safety practices. Must be physically and medically
capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as
prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes,
goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
11. Comply with the Company s Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy which expects
that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be businesslike and free of bias,
prejudice, and harassment.
Work Tasks Include:
a) Ensure that designated hot work area is clean and free of combustible materials before hot work
b) Carry an appropriately rated fire extinguisher to the assigned watch area. Make certain the fire
extinguisher is in operable shape and not discharged prior to allowing hot work to start.
c) Notify the person accomplishing the hot work if it is safe to proceed and when there is danger.
d) Suppress fires when they occur.
e) Report any uncorrected unsafe condition or working habits to the journeyman and supervisor.
f) Assist with the hot work procedure and audits process making certain hot work
notifications are in place and valid before hot work commences.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, THEN CALL BRYAN AT 757-673-9175 FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Apply on company website