ULG Staffing, a subsidiary of NSC, has openings for Journeyman Combo Welder / Shipfitters with a client located in Portland OR. Candidates must have great attention to detail, excellent attendance.
Per Diem available for those who qualify.
Welding Required Experience
- 5 Years' welding experience in a shipyard setting
- Must have Aluminum & Stainless experience
- Must have MIG & TIG welding experience
- Must be proficient at welding Carbon Steel to Carbon Steel
- Must be proficient at welding Carbon Steel to Stainless Steel
- Must be proficient at welding Stainless Steel to Stainless Steel
- 101TM FCAW 3 Position 1” plate weld test (X-ray)
- Able to pass client 248 Steel Standards training class
Ship Fitter Requirements
- Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment, etc.)
- Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.)
- Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished. (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc.)
- Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do. (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs and etc.)
- Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
- Assures that personnel have work package and the necessary drawings, technical manuals or specifications required for them to adequately accomplish their work assignments.
- OSHA 10 Maritime Card
- Must be a US Citizen
- Drug Free Worksite
- NAVSEA experience a plus
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT SARAH BY PHONE AT 425-412-4227 OR BY EMAIL AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At NSC, our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Apply on company website