NSC IS CURRENTLY HIRING 2 Class Marine Electrician FOR JACKSONVILLE, FL.
Performs all duties required to layout, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cable. Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring, as necessary. Cuts wires to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves. Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners such as bolts, screws, or solder. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Must have three (2) years electrical experience installing cables through shipboard cableways, performing terminations on military and commercial crimp and soldering type connectors/connections. Must be able to provide own hand tools specific to the trade. U.S citizenship/legal Alien required
The Marine Electrician Is Required to Have
- Experience on installing and repairing wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services on the ship and in shipyard facilities,
- Experience following blueprints and wiring diagrams:
- Mus be able to install conduit to bulkheads with brackets and screws, using hand tools, and threads wires through conduit to terminals, for example connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, and switch panels.
- Need to at least have 3 years of Marine Electrician experience with Proven references
- Connects power-supply circuits to radio, radar, sonar, fire control, and other electronic equipment.
- Test electrical characteristics, for example, voltage, resistance, and phase angle, in circuits, using voltmeters, ohmmeters, and phase rotation indicators.
- Troubleshoot electrical equipment and circuits using appropriate test equipment to detect and effect required maintenance, repairs, or replacement requirements.
- Perform maintenance and repair of generators, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, electrical motors, distribution panels, alarm, and lighting circuits.
- Conduct insulation resistance measurements of electrical cables to determine condition and effects repairs or replacements as required.
- Supervises and participates in the installation and/or alteration to electrical systems aboard ships.
- Provide preventive maintenance to the electrical components of the ship as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Capable of lifting and carrying components up to fifty pounds
Must Be Dbids Elegible
LIFTING / CARRYING
Under 20 lbs
21 - 50 lbs
51 - 100 lbs
Handling / Fingering
Over 100 lbs
PUSHING / PULLING
Reach Above Shoulder
Under 12 lbs
Squat / Kneeling
13 - 25 lbs
26 - 40 lbs
41 - 100 lbs
- N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
- O (Occasionally) Requires this activity up 33% of the time (less than 2.5 hrs/day)
- F (Frequently) Requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (between 2.5 & 5.5 hrs/day)
- C (Constantly) Requires this activity more than 66% of the time (over 5.5 hrs/day)
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
Long Term Opportunities
Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Training and Career Growth Opportunities
The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Apply on company website