Northwell Health is seeking a per diem Neonatal Hospitalist within the Division ofNeonatology at Lenox Hill Hospital.
Performs advanced neonatal practice in Neonatology, including frontline patient management and technical procedures in Labor and Delivery, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit [NICU], and in other units in the hospital where neonates receive care.
- Provides frontline care to patients in the neonatal ICU, including pre-rounding, work rounds with the clinical team (ACPs, NICU house docs, collaborating physicians, NICU RNs, NICU dieticians, etc), needed procedures, and
safe handoff at change of shift.
- Attends high risk deliveries and leads neonatal resuscitations.
- Demonstrates competency in common neonatal care procedures including but not limited to endotracheal intubation, thoracotomy tube placement, umbilical line placement, percutaneous inserted central venous catheter placement, bladder catheterization, lumbar puncture, and peripheral arterial line placement.
- Completes local certification and therapeutic hypothermia.
- Documents critical changes and management of newborns as well as procedures in a complete and timely manner.
- Appropriately bills for procedural, or resuscitation.
- Attends divisional educational activities to maintain competency in current concepts in neonatal care.
- Attends scheduled LHH ACP meetings.
- Identifies quality improvement issues and participates in unit projects.
- Participates in Neonatal Performance Improvement Coordinating Group [PICG] and leadership meetings.
- MD or DO degree
- Licensed in New York State
- Graduate of an Accredited Pediatric Residency Program
- BC/BE American Board of Pediatrics
Why choose us?
Northwell Healthincludes 23 award-winning hospitals and more than 750 community-based practice locations throughout Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Westchester.
For Further details and opportunities, please contact: Office of Physician Recruitment, Northwell Health, OPR@northwell.edu.
Apply on company website