We integrate the expertise of our clinical staff and the availability of cutting-edge technology to enable accurate diagnosis, effective treatment and improved quality of life.
The Center also accesses a state-of-the-art video electroencephalogram (EEG) monitoring unit at North Shore University Hospital. The four-bed unit is staffed by 24/7 dedicated observation personnel, epilepsy-trained nurses, and a team of compassionate and certified EEG technologists. The video EEG monitoring unit enables the staff at the Comprehensive Epilepsy Care Center to continue to offer the most advanced and safest treatments for epilepsy, using both medications and minimally invasive approaches with epilepsy surgery.
Our center's coordinated, multidisciplinary team offers a comprehensive range of skills and knowledge:
- We perform 50-100 epilepsy surgery casesa year.
- One year after epilepsy surgery, 90% of our patients are either seizure-free or have reduced seizures.
- A variety of medical and surgical treatment options for the control and prevention of seizures is used by our epilepsy center clinicians. Treatments are based on an individualized assessment of the nature, type and severity of the patients disorder.
- Cutting-edge epilepsy research is used to design state-of-the-art technology for identifying normal and abnormal brain areas.
- The use of innovative surgical treatments such as laser ablation, a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-guided thermal imaging and laser technology.
Make an appointment at our Comprehensive Epilepsy Care Center
Cushing Neuroscience Institutes Comprehensive Epilepsy Care Center makes it easy for you to take the first steps in ensuring the best neurological care for yourself or your family. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at(516) 325-7060or 844-56Neuro (844-566-3876). You may also fill out our Request an Appointmentform.
Apply on company website