The Behavioral Health Service Line is seeking a full time Addiction Psychiatrist to join our Chemical Dependency/Ancillary Withdrawal Program at Staten Island University Hospital.
This high visibility position offers the right candidate an opportunity to work with a committed team of professionals to provide consults for the CATCH (Consults for Addiction Treatment and Care in Hospitals) team. The ideal candidate will be a Board Certified/Board Eligible Psychiatrist having completed a fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry. Highlights include:
- Evaluating patients for medication assisted treatments
- Coordinate patients' progress and treatment plans with the treatment team
- Responsible for prescribing buprenorphine and other medications as indicated
- Supervise residents, fellows and medical students
- Participate in community and professional education/consultations around medication assisted treatments
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Sciences at Staten Island University Hospital (SIUH) is the most active provider of comprehensive mental health services on Staten Island, a borough of New York City with a population of more than 480,000. Staffed by an accredited team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurse practitioners, nurses, activity therapists and other personnel, the Department offers sophisticated multi-disciplinary care. Our 23,000 outpatient visits and over 1,450 inpatient discharges are redefining the way behavioral health care is delivered. Experience a career well cared for and make a difference in the lives of our community.
As part of Northwell Health, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed teaching institution and tertiary care medical center. This position includes an opportunity to collaborate with the Department's newly approved Fellowship Program in supporting its educational and reputational growth.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry from ABPN
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Addiction Psychiatry
- Current licensure as a physician in the State of New York
- Active Buprenorphine waiver (DATA 2000)
- ACLS or other certification, as required by department. Certification must be obtained within one (1) month of employment.
- Experience with stabilization and withdrawal management and settings
- Experience providing treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders
- Experience in an addiction rehabilitation environment
- Experience with therapeutic groups (preferably addiction-oriented), therapeutic communities, and inpatient care
Benefits at Northwell Health include:
- Nationally competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Four weeks' vacation plus paid conference/CME time
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Advanced education opportunities
- College Tuition reimbursement for dependent children
Qualified candidates should forward their CV to Victoria DiCanio: Vdicanio@northwell.edu
The Behavioral Health Service Line is seeking a full time Addiction Psychiatrist to join our Chemical ...
Apply on company website