The Northeast Arc helps people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play.
One of the most innovative agencies in the state serving children and adults with disabilities, Northeast Arc was founded in the 1950's by parents with the courage and determination to ensure their children and others with disabilities will always have every opportunity to live and thrive in the community.
The Northeast Arc/Heritage Industries, a leader in providing vocational guidance to individuals with developmental disabilities seeks candidates for a Community Support Specialist in our busy vocational program conveniently located on Route 1 in Danvers.
Pay rate: $15.00/hr
- Provide employment, vocational support and skill training to individuals.
- Develop adaptive strategies as needed to ensure optimal independence and success at Heritage Industries or at job sites in the community.
- Transport individuals in your own vehicle when an agency vehicle is not available.
- Present information regarding any individual in a professional manner in all settings including; meetings, phone contact, daily written documentation and emails.
- Must follow and implement Northeast Arc Policies, including Code of Conduct and Day Service Division standards as well as funding source regulations.
- Serve as a role model for individuals in developing expected behaviors and assist in developing interactive skills. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities and in some cases physical disabilities preferred.
- Case management responsibilities/daily documentation required.
- Dedicated and team approach appreciated with attention to established protocol.
- BS/BA in related field OR 1-2 years' experience working with adults who are developmentally disabled or other related experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, stand for 1 hour uninterrupted, bend and push wheelchairs.
- Maintain a valid Massachusetts driver's license.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Knowledge of American Sign Language a plus!
What We Offer You!
- Generous time off (holiday, vacation, sick)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Other benefits
Northeast Arc is one of the largest employers on the North Shore, and we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive and excellent benefits package. Please visit us at: http://www.ne-arc.org/about-us/careers/benefits/ for a more detailed explanation of benefits.
Apply on company website