Hiring Immediately – Sous Chef
A JOB HANDCRAFTED JUST FOR YOU
Since 2002, North Italia has been a favorite neighborhood spot for crave-worthy, from-scratch modern Italian food.
We believe every moment a guest spends with us should be one that is worth savoring. Our restaurants have a contemporary, welcoming vibe that our guests love. From the front of the house to the kitchen, our passion for what we do creates a vibrant energy that always makes you feel at home.
Reporting to: This position reports to the Executive Chef and will help lead a culinary team committed to preparing every dish from scratch with a focus on quality, flavor, and excellence in order to deliver our mission: Great Hospitality, Every Time.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive healthcare starting as low as $10/month within 30 days
- Medical, dental and vision, company-paid group life insurance, short term disability and long-term disability
- Flexibility: Paid time off including vacation and sick time
- Health Saving Account
- 401k plan and company match
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
As the Sous Chef you will:
- Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, and planning
- Demonstrate ingredient knowledge and understanding of culinary trends
- Use your career experience and talents to help the restaurant reach its financial goals by controlling cost of goods and searching for solutions when targets are not met
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness, organizations, and equipment care and maintenance
- Manage on-the-fly requests with ease and poise creating a calm and positive work environment
- Foster an environment of continuous learning, open and honest feedback, and corrective action as needed
- Manages labor expectations and plans each scheduled shift accordingly
- Demonstrate the knowledge and awareness of sales and labor budgets and the ability to discuss P&L with management team
You'll thrive in this position if you are:
- Passionate about creating memorable dining experiences by exceeding guest expectations
- Dedicated to creating a safe environment for the team and guest through highest standards for product quality and restaurant cleanliness
- Committed to driving continuous improvement by coaching, leading, and developing the restaurant team
- Service-oriented in your approach to working in a high-volume environment
- 2+ years of high-volume culinary management experience
- Demonstrated working understanding of business operations and financials
- Experience with POS systems and inventory control systems; prior POSitouch and Crunchtime experience is a plus
- Able to work ten-hour plus shifts, plus ability to stand, sit, squat, or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work closing shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Able to grasp, reach overhead, push, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat, and work in a confined space
- Must possess hearing, visual, and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature, and presentation of food
About the Company
Who we are: We are restauranteurs with concepts like no other. We are culinary forward and relentlessly focused on hospitality. Delicious, memorable experiences created by passionate people – this defines who we are and where we are going.
Apply on company website