At Noblis and Noblis ESI, we have excellent teams of smart, collaborative, proactive experts and professionals. We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T).
Technology and threats evolve rapidly in today's ever-changing environment. In response, DHS S&T was established by Congress to provide innovative scientific and technical solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges.
These UAS engineer roles provide engineering, technical, and programmatic support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals supporting the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to counter current, emerging, and future homeland security threats. Specifically, the selected candidates will support S&T on programs including, but not limited to: UAS detection and interdiction and beneficial use of UAS (e.g. monitoring). The successful candidate will be self-motivated, operate well in a matrixed environment, be able to learn, digest, and provide scientific and technical guidance on a broad spectrum of technologies, and be able to distill and communicate complex technical concepts to enable nontechnical managers to make informed decisions..
This is a new position at DHS S&T, and the successful candidate will be proactive in aiding Noblis and the client in defining this role and optimizing its contributions to ensure successful outcomes for the Technology Centers.
The responsibilities of these team members may include:
- Researching and providing guidance on leading-edge technologies, particularly as they relate to UAS,
- Evaluating the feasibility of technical approaches to problems,
- Reviewing technical reports and providing critiques of methods and results,
- Developing and evaluating scientific capability development strategies,
- Monitoring program and technical performance against goals,
- Developing test and evaluation methodologies,
- Assessing the efficacy, safety, cost lifecycle costs of proposed or realized scientific solutions,
- Developing scientific program status reports, PowerPoint briefings, and read-ahead materials,
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining a central repository of scientific and technical program information (e.g. reports, requirements, etc.),
- Organizing, coordinating, and participating in meetings, discussions, and seminars on threat and detection technology topics,
- Communicating scientific findings to technical and non-technical audiences as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience (Note: a M.A. or Ph.D. degree may be accepted in place of 5 years of experience)
- SECRET clearance
- Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
- Subject Matter Expertise of UAS-technologies, use of drones, and counter-UAS technologies.
- Experience performing technical evaluations of UAS technologies.
- Assessing the efficacy, safety, cost lifecycle costs of proposed or realized technological solutions.
- Experience integrating sensor packages related to UAS technologies.
- Experience using drones for beneficial applications; experience with drone-mounted sensors and technologies.
- Experience in business process engineering, performance management, organizational assessment and evaluation, and quality assurance.
- Experience developing and evaluating metrics which tie to project, program, portfolio, and organization success.
- Experience providing direct or consultant support to major programs or offices which required evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions.
- Experience providing consistent and clear communication with program managers and leadership.
- Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO/CWMD, USCG, ICE).
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
- Candidates with a Secret (Top Secret/SCI) clearance and DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website