Noblis is seeking a Transportation Analyst / Planner to join our Surface Transportation Team. This is an opportunity for someone with background and experience in transportation to support the United States Department of Transportation's (USDOT's) ITS Program. The USDOT's ITS program focuses on intelligent vehicles, intelligent infrastructure and the creation of an intelligent transportation system through integration with and between these two components. The Federal ITS program supports the overall advancement of ITS through investments in major research initiatives, exploratory studies and a deployment support program including technology transfer and training.
Noblis provides technical and programmatic support to the USDOT ITS Joint Program Office (JPO) in planning and conducting research activities, coordinating technology deployment programs, and seeking innovative solutions to transform the increasingly connected and automated world of surface transportation systems.
As a member of this dynamic team, you will participate in the following activities:
- Conducting analysis of user needs, requirements, and design detail
- Writing research, economic analysis, and program evaluation white papers and presentations
- Authoring synthesis documents covering emerging transportation management concepts, such as integrated corridor management (ICM), connected vehicles, automated vehicles, shared-use mobility solutions, and other emerging technologies
- Developing and delivering training on new transportation technologies, such as connected and automated vehicles
- Developing, administering, analyzing and visualizing survey data
- Developing and delivering training on transportation system analytics
- Assisting USDOT program managers with technical and programmatic activities
- Developing statements of work and Government cost estimates for innovative research programs
Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
- BS/BA required; Master's Degree preferred. Degree(s) in at least one of the following: urban Planning, Public Policy, Transportation Engineering/Planning, Economics, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years with a Bachelor's degree (or 1 year with Master's degree) of experience in the transportation field, experience with ITS and/or Multimodal Services, or related technologies a plus
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong professional, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to lead multiple assignments, communicate effectively with clients, managers and colleagues, and act as a reliable member of our team
Candidate demonstrates the following:
- Writes a variety of technical documents and prepares and presents briefings
- Works independently to determine approach to and technical objectives of work assignments
- Ensures client objectives for quality, schedule, and budget are met or exceeded through direct and creative approaches
- Interacts with client representatives on significant technical and project matters
- Identifies and develops solutions to program problems/challenges
An understanding of, and familiarity with, the following is a plus:
- 3 or more years experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 1 years with a Master's degree.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) including connected vehicles, automated vehicles, multimodal and shared-use mobility, and other emerging transportation technologies
- Benefit/cost analysis for transportation projects
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience with survey design and administration
- Experience with analysis, modeling and simulation tools/methods
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website