The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Voice Switch and Recording Program Office is made up of seven different programs related to the voice communication activities of Air Traffic Control. These programs range from the maintainence of Legacy equipment currently fielded across the United States to design of new systems and procurement of future equipment.
The Systems Engineer will be focused on supporting the FAA in modernizing existing air traffic control voice communications capabilities of the National Airspace System (NAS). The Systems Engineer will provide domain and technical expertise in the area of voice communications and networking, and apply this expertise to guide the team through requirements development, system design, development, testing, and implementation. The Systems Engineer will facilitate coordination among the team's functional areas to ensure program success. The individual will apply their technical knowledge throughout the phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and leverage Project Management experience to ensure successful execution of the projects themselves. The Senior Engineer will interact with a team comprised of Noblis, Subcontractor, and FAA staff.
It is preferred that the candidate possess a master's degree, but must possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field, plus 3 to 8 years of relevant experience. Candidates without a master's degree must have extensive, directly relevant experience and demonstrated record of sustained excellent performance.
The candidate must possess experience taking a program or project through most or all of its lifecycle, from systems or software engineering perspective, including:
- Deriving Requirements, to include developing or interpreting vendor specifications & developing detailed and comprehensive interface requirements
- Designing Systems or Software
- Implementing and Integrating Systems or Software
- System Deployment
- Risk Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Functional Analysis
The candidate should possess several of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of the Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Aviation Administration experience
- Detailed knowledge of National Airspace System Voice Communications Systems
- Enterprise Architecture (EA) experience around ISEF (technique) and CORE (software) preferred
- Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) (software) experience preferred
- Requirements Management
- Understanding of communications systems and technical communications designs
- Hardware design and testing
- Software development, software processes, and software defect resolution
- Implementation engineering (e.g., rack layouts, connecting to facility infrastructure, site surveys)
- Security engineering (e.g., security hardening, integration of security with functional software design)
- Network Architecture
- Ability to collect/analyze data and communicate technical information
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment
- Customer-service and goal oriented
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website