Noblis is seeking a Senior Solution Architect for our Reston headquarters location.
The Solution Architect will work across Noblis as the primary architect for developing scientific and technical solutions for Customers and proposals. This position will develop a full understanding of the service offerings, scientific capabilities, and technologies offered by Noblis, and will leverage these to prepare complex solutions for our federal government clients. The Architect will work with Noblis' Mission Area Vice Presidents, business development, scientific researchers, and senior technical staff as well as the proposal development teams to develop solutions, integrate innovative approaches and technology, and incorporate feedback from proposal efforts into current and new Noblis offerings.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Noblis.
The Solutions Architect will:
- Develop innovative, complex, leading-edge technology solutions and incorporate these into business capture and proposal development efforts;
- Lead technical teams in the development of approaches and complex solutions in the areas of data science, advanced analytics, cyber security, machine learning, application development, and/or enterprise IT;
- Build business cases and develop proposal artifacts;
- Work closely with scientists and technical staff (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, infrastructure engineers, and software developers) from across the company to advance the development of Noblis service and platform offerings and inform Nobis investment in scientific research;
- Drive technologies from Noblis' internal research and development program into new Customer accounts in collaboration with the CTO;
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of Noblis scientific, research, and technical capabilities and relay these capabilities to Customers both directly and in formal proposal submissions;
- Provide demonstrations of Noblis solutions and capabilities to potential government clients;
- Collaborate across diverse technology, shared service, and Customer facing organizations to engage clients and develop solution that support their mission requirements;
- Understand the needs of our Federal Civilian, Defense, and National Security markets and how to position and apply our R&D investment and solution offerings to address their requirements;
Experience and Domain Expertise
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the U.S. federal market
- Master's degree in a scientific or technical discipline (e.g., Data Analytics, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar); Ph.D preferred
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Developer – Associate, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, or similar certification in Microsoft Azure preferred
- Demonstrated experience working within an Agile software development environment, Certified Agile Scrum Master trained preferred
- Leadership skills as a chief solutions architect with the ability to drive teams in complex solution development
- High business acumen of federal government contracting, including command of pre-RFP solution artifacts, such as basis of estimate (BoE), design-to-cost principles, Price-to-Win (PTW) processes, and teaming
- Understanding of the capture management and proposal development lifecycle and solution architecture processes
- Has successfully led solution development of at least 3 large federal government contracts, each with a Total Contract Value (TCV) of $20M or larger
- Demonstrated expertise in building business cases, solutions, and proposal artifacts and/or selling technology within the Federal market
- Experience managing and leading high-performing and dynamic teams to develop solutions to meet strategic requirements
- Demonstrated strong cultural fit and alignment with Noblis ethical values
- Demonstrated leadership capability, strong communication skills, and team player
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and ability to develop holistic solutions across organizations, functions, and markets
- Ability to facilitate and develop technology roadmaps
- Ability to develop digital business cases and an expert in return on investment capital (ROIC)
- Knowledge and preferred experience architecting or developing enterprise data management solutions, including using commercial, open source, and custom solutions to curate data and store in data warehouses and data marts
- Understanding of data engineering, data science, and data visualization disciplines, including high-performance computing (HPC), machine learning and predictive modeling, simulations, and data visualization techniques
- Understanding of data science, machine learning, and algorithm development
- Understanding of well-known analytics and data science technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Jupyter Notebook, Scala, Hadoop/Hive, Tableau, Qlik, D3, etc.
- Experience designing infrastructure and enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of micro-services and service-oriented architectures and how to apply these to enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of APIs and ability to design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers using both JSON and XML
- Experience developing on-premises and hybrid cloud and cloud architectures using AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with UI/UX design, human-centered design (HCD), and user adoption processes
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps and DevSecOps development processes
- Experience with security requirements in a federal IT environment, including FedRAMP-certified providers and FISMA requirements for acquiring an Authority to Operate (ATO) preferred
- Experience with various traditional and analytics database management systems, including SQL, PostgreSQL, Vertica, and NoSQL
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website