Required minimum skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 16 years of related work experience with sustained excellent performance
- Strong communication capabilities, both verbal and written, for communication with clients, user communities, other organizations within and outside the FAA
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical background, either as a systems engineer supporting SOA efforts, a software developer/engineer familiar with SOA concepts and technologies (web services, JMS, WSDL, SOAP, REST, XML, Service Registries, etc.), or as a software architect/enterprise architect
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Experience in providing support for large-scale network-enabled communications services such as the FAA Telecommunication Infrastructure (FTI) is desired; including customer requirements identification, analysis, design, site survey, service ordering, and installation, and service decommissioning.
- Hands-on experience with FAA Mission Support and or NAS is desired
- Experience with requirements definition
- Experience developing UML artifacts using Visio or other tools
- Demonstrated cross-functional team collaboration and program management skills in a rapidly changing, high intensity, mission-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation's aviation vision, this is the job for you!
Noblis is looking for a SOA Systems engineer who applies comprehensive system engineering principles to support the investigation, analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, testing, and evaluation of NAS equipment and procedures. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide SOA advice and technical assistance to on-ramping efforts, projects and programs – coordinating daily with NAS producers and consumers of SWIM data to ensure their SWIM needs are addressed.
- Planning of SWIM services and tracking issues with capacity, capability, etc.
- Conduct technical interchange meetings and facilitate the sharing of technical knowledge.
- Facilitating TIMs to review and discuss systems engineering products, progress, schedules, open action items and issues.
- Provide support for estimating costs associated with development of SWIM compliant services
- Perform analysis of requirements and calculations of costs associated with the SWIM services needed by the customer NAS Program team, and provide those to the NAS Program team
- Identify, characterize, assess and document the customer's SOA services requirements (e.g. on-ramping services, date rate, latency, availability, interface type, protocols, connectivity end points, diversity, security services, network services, etc.) Validate SOA services requirements with the customer.
- Prepare Qualification orders, draft letters, Funding direction, Engineering attachments and updates as required.
- Prepare Cost Estimates and Rough Order of Magnitude estimates for the engineering team and make updates as required.
- Track external on-ramp costs covering both Ops and F&E funding. Includes preparing the monthly report for the team and also the Ops funding forecast.
- Perform trade-offs of candidate solutions, engineer and allocate the SOA requirements to an approved FAA SOA solution.
- Trade-off candidate SOA solutions engineer and allocate to an approved FAA SOA solution.
- Collect/document programmatic information such as significant acquisition/implementation milestones, service need date for the SOA services, project interdependencies, etc. for the SOA project.
- Develop and maintain SWIM projects schedules as necessary.
- Provide input to requirements, architecture, and design
- Review and develop requirements documents, interface description documents, technical briefings
- Interface with programs transitioning to SWIM services to understand their process and update external consumer on-ramping process to support additional SWIM service
- Interact with vendors and stakeholders across the agency
- Contribute to white papers, briefings, status reports, and other communication packages for FAA executives
Apply on company website