Noblis is positioned to provide technology and operational solutions to senior decision makers in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. The DHS S&T Directorate is the primary research and development arm of DHS and manages science and technology research, from development through transition, for the Department's operational components and first responders. Established by Congress to provide innovative solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges, S&T is the core source of scientific and engineering expertise for DHS and is uniquely postured to enhance our nation's security and resilience by providing knowledge products and innovative technology solutions for the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE).
We are actively seeking to identify personnel with financial management, budget analysis, and acquisition experience to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS S&T.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide preparation and analysis of budget and financial data and preparation of pertinent briefing materials, analysis and entry of financial data into automated systems, preparation of business resources and financial reports, business and programmatic support, and documentation of financial processes/ systems.
- Provide verification and assessment of budget and financial data, evaluation of compliance with applicable policies and procedures, support for independent business and financial analysis and reviews and operational auditing support.
- Develop and maintain financial spreadsheets and databases, including budgets and spend plans
- Monitor and track funding, obligations and schedules; utilize financial databases and reports; provide financial analysis and presentations; support cost proposals and document financial processes. This includes monthly collection and analysis of technical and cost reports from funded contracts.
- Consult client on adjustments to the overall budget in response to budget cuts and shortfalls, opportunities for unplanned funds, and mitigation strategies for schedule changes affecting finances.
- Gather and consolidate project related financial data from multiple DHS systems (EPIC, SharePoint, etc.)
- Interact with and maintain rapport with other DHS entities, including the Finance and Budget Division (FBD)
- Provide professional/technical services in support of acquisition planning through solicitation, award, performance, final payment, and preparation for close-out for the full range of contractual instruments used by Government.
- Advise, develop, and review procurement request (PR), contract, and other acquisition packages, including Acquisition Plans (APs), Acquisition Strategies (AS), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs), Justification and Approvals (J&As), Determination and Finding (D&F), etc., ensuring adequacy, consistency, and compliance with administrative, regulatory, and procedural requirements.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Finance, Economics, Business Analysis or related field. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of specialized experience , or Master's degree and 3 years of specialized experience, in financial and budgeting analysis.
- Experience in a federal program management or contracting environment.
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (MS-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Eligibility to receive Secret Clearance (minimum Interim Secret)
- Ability to gain DHS suitability
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website