The Machinery Controls Engineer will have:
- Test procedure writing and development experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot challenging technical issues
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equvilant
- Minimum five (5) years direct work experience with machinery controls
- Navy Shipboard Systems, Commercial Power Plant, Water Filtration Plant or similar experience is desired
Qualified candidates may be eligible for a signing bonus.
Noblis MSD's mission is to support the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWCPD) in their missions to enable research, development, test and evaluation, acquisition, engineering, systems integration, in-service and fleet engineering with cybersecurity, comprehensive logistics, and life-cycle savings. Noblis MSD is seeking a Machinery Controls Engineer to support various U.S. Navy control systems.
The Machinery Controls Engineer will have a background in machinery controls to support Automation Projects. Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Support testing and troubleshooting efforts (lab-based and shipboard) for auxiliary machinery control systems consisting of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Build and develop test stands in land-based test lab for ship-based installations.
- Develop, review, update, and execute test plans/procedures.
- Participate in shipboard grooms for machinery control systems.
- Evaluate technical information received from the Fleet (Fleet messages, advisories, etc.).
- Develop, review, update technical documentation including SEP documents.
- Provide engineering support for design, repair, installation, modification, maintenance, and operation of systems.
- Develop engineering change proposals including drawings, cost estimates and installation/maintenance procedures.
- Oversee shock, vibration, and Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) testing
Apply on company website