Are you looking to make a difference in the federal government? Are you looking for a career, not just a “job”? Are you passionate about doing what's right? Do you have experience and skills in acquisition, specifically information technology acquisitions? Then we have a position for you.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, oversight and assessment of deliverables associated with all stages of Information Technology projects for our Federal Government Client. The successful candidate will provide Project Management support to guide projects toward the timely and successful completion of milestones while facilitating team and stakeholder communication. To accomplish this, the Project Manager will review project schedules, validate milestones and facilitate meetings. S/He will also demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and analytical capabilities.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8-15 years of professional experience as an Project Manager; or 5-8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
The candidate should possess:
• Ability to coordinate project stakeholder meetings and address stakeholder needs
• Apply Project Management skills such as budget monitoring, schedule development, quality management, scope management, stakeholder and communications management
• Work directly with the client Program Manager to plan and successfully implement initiatives
• Apply technical skills to a range of topics that encompass: software development, information systems, help desk, and deployment support
• Engage client personnel and other contractors to understand specific system and functional requirements to develop user stories
• Ability to understand business objectives and create busines need statements
• Ensure system development policies and procedures are followed regarding privacy, security, and software development life cycle artifacts
• The ability to write in a clear and succinct manner
• Prior federal consulting experience preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
• Understanding the full software development lifecycle preferred
• Understanding of Help Desk operations and technologies preferred
• Expereince with the use and implementation of Salesforce desirable
• Experience using Version One for requirements tracking
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders, project management, and facilitating meetings
• Understanding principles of software testing, development, and/or management
• Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
• All candidates must have strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to solve problems independently, responsible for meeting deadlines
• Ability to work on teams and deal effectively with people
• Experience developing and tracking projects with Microsoft Project
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website