Noblis is helping the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs. Noblis uses state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment. You will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing and managing communications and information solutions to achieve our nation's aviation vision, this is the job for you!
The Senior Information Security Architect/Engineer is responsible for the planning and description of the Enterprise Cybersecurity Architecture (ECA) in terms of cybersecurity performance (risk management), functions, assets and relationships, and for corresponding guidance for Information Technology (IT) as well as information security teams, and governing the cybersecurity of solutions the agency delivers. Effective communications, a positive attitude, and a proven record of accomplishment of serving in a technical leadership role are key qualifications.
This position will:
- Serve on a team of system security engineers to provide technical direction, technical work product review, performance tracking, EA solutions, and compliance with contract requirements in two areas: telecommunications service solutions with hybrid systems, and cloud computing security architectures.
- Experience mapping an organization's actual cybersecurity functions to at least two industry standard cybersecurity models: NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) especially Intel tier scoring variant, NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF, security controls from NIST SP800-53r4-r5), ISO 27000 series (information security policies and guidance), Cyber Kill Chain, NSA Defense in Depth model, US CERT Operational Resilience, v1.0, Federal Enterprise Architecture (EA) Framework, Open Group Architecture Framework, v2, Business Reference Model cybersecurity categories, or other
- Establish and maintain a strategic information / cybersecurity architecture/engineer vision and goals, including standards and frameworks that are aligned with overall FAA Information Technology strategy
- Maintain the annual enterprise cybersecurity architecture and engineering plans and process descriptions / SOPs to achieve the cybersecurity architecture vision and goals
- Engage the chief information security officer, cybersecurity teams, the enterprise architecture team, solution delivery, infrastructure, other agency cybersecurity groups, and external partner teams on cybersecurity architecture and engineering methods and results.
- Establish and maintain cybersecurity technology and methods adoption roadmap with agency EA, and the pre-requisite awareness of emerging cybersecurity threats and the methods / technology to mitigate them from DHS, NSA and commercial providers
- Help to determine operational trends and forecasts business plan activities and related targets
- Maintain and improve the ECA including identifying performance and risk gaps and prioritizing and recommending economy of scale cybersecurity common controls. Familiarity with the Common Approach to Federal EA or FAA's Acquisition Management System or FAA Acquisition Support Toolset is preferred
- Consult with solution enterprise architecture teams and IT infrastructure to efficiently integrate and implement technology solutions
- Review proposed technology and solutions and presents security concerns at the Technology Control Board and Architecture Review Board
- Work with Security Policy and Training team to help the agency maintain compliance with cybersecurity laws, directives and other external policies, and corresponding knowledge, skills and expertise levels and communications / training delivery to maintain and upgrade agency IS&P expertise
• Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients' emerging support needs and trends with team members and management.
· Participate on proposals
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website