Noblis is seeking an experienced High Performance Computing Engineer to work as part of a scientifically diverse team in our Advanced Cryptanalysis Programs. The successful candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team of software developers, computer scientists and mathematicians to research and design algorithms related to cryptography and security, and deploy new capabilities in a high performance computing setting. Primary responsibilities will be to facilitate the development and deployment of capabilities on various cloud and other compute clusters. Candidates must be willing and able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with CI poly, and travel to multiple client sites in the Northern Virginia area. Candidates already holding a TS/SCI are preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, computer information systems, mathematics, etc.
- Top Secret security clearance
- Five or more years of experience in software development.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and manage performance.
- Experience in algorithm engineering and optimization.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and container technologies.
- Familiarity with distributed computing concepts, and experience in software development for distributed computing environments.
- Familiarity with general purpose scientific computing on GPU hardware.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with a scientifically diverse team.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, mathematics, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five years of combined experience in information technology, system administration, algorithm engineering, or high-performance computing.
- Proficiency with and network/Internet protocols.
- Experience with distributed computing in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure, or others.
- Expertise with system administration, monitoring, and maintaining a Linux/Unix-based HPC environment.
- Familiarity with shared and distributed memory parallelism programming technologies such as OpenMP or MPI.
- Proficient fundamental programming skills (Bash, Perl, Python, or similar languages).
- Proficiency with the HPC system software cluster management tools, job schedulers, and other HPC tools (such as Slurm, Torque, etc.).
- Familiarity with low-latency/high-bandwidth interconnected infrastructure (including InfiniBand, 10/100GigE, etc.).
- Knowledge of HPC storage principles.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a scientifically diverse audience.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website