Noblis is positioned to provide innovative GIS analysis and products to decision makers in the CWMD office as it transitions its efforts to include more threat anticipation and threat identification support to DHS components using information obtained from its distributed sensor network capabilities and other sources and its R&D and acquisition resources. Threat understanding at its earliest point possible is critical to driving counter activities employed by DHS components and future CWMD research and development and acquisition activities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to help develop and advance DHS's new approach to countering WMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by assisting with the fulfillment of the office' policy and strategy requirements as DHS's CWMD focal point as a GIS Analysis for CWMD. Responsibilities include:
- Developing, coordinating, managing, administering innovative Geographic Information Systems to provide visuals of CWMD threat space within regions of concern.
- Developing novel ways to accurately display complex intel in visual / geospatial forms for analytical use and as input to briefings, presentations, etc.
- Identifying data feeds and info streams to be leveraged/revised for use by DHS CWMD.
- Performing geospatial transformations and analysis.
- Performing spatial and temporal analysis.
- Preparing reports, performing research and providing SME opinions.
- Identifying areas of improvement in imagery coverage for DHS CWMD purposes and collaborating with the intelligence community to acquire additional coverage.
- Developing results/finding into finished intelligence products.
- Top Secret is required with SCI Eligibility required
- B.S. or B.A. degree with 3-10 years of performing planning analysis.
- In lieu of a degree, 4 additional years of experience will be accepted for a BS and 5 additional years of experience will be accepted for a MS or BS +1 additional year.
- Demonstrated proficiency in GIS analysis and data modeling.
- Knowledge of current and developing technologies and software related to geographic analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing GIS systems, functional geographical plans, and programs.
- Experience in developing various types of GIS maps and related data sets, and in identifying connections of various locations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver system improvements.
- Excellent critical thinking, and interpersonal and customer service skills to engage stakeholders and PMs.
- Ability to plan individual efforts and follow through to completion.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requests.
- Competence to function efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Flexible and readily adaptable to change.
- Willingness to complete wide variety of tasks during an event; everything from very technical to some basis tasks.
- Can obtain DHS suitability.
- Experience with using GIS in preventing and countering WMD use or threat prediction and forecasting.
- Cartography: softcopy mapping, web mapping or digital maps.
- Experience in analyzing big data sets, identifying connections and errors.
- Familiarity with designs and the ability to implement GIS analytical procedures.
- Connections into relevant intelligence communities necessary to improve DHS CWMD – relevant imagery coverage.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website