Noblis is building a behavioral analytics team to support a wide variety of client needs focused on detecting fraudulent electronic transactions/usage. Fraud Forensic Analysis team members will work collaboratively with the Noblis Lead Data Analytics architects and data scientists to detect fraud through analytics capability and visualization in support of Federal Agencies. The Fraud Forensic Analyst will assist the customer in strengthening their security posture against fraudulent transactions, through detailed and accurate forensic cyber analysis and reporting. Analysts will work closely with government personnel and other Noblis professionals in a team environment.
- Triage and interpret system logs
- Detect fraud through analytic methodologies
- Collaborate with the Cyber Fraud Watch and Monitoring Tool Developers
- Recommend improvements for the detection of fraudulent behavior through the analysis of data from many disparate sources
- Develop visualization dashboards and indicators that identify anomalous activities
- Understand business processes and synthesize potential fraud scenarios and risk indicators
- Interact directly with client project team members and operational staff
- THIS POSITION WILL BE SHIFT WORK.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 3+ years of work experience
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Understand network infrastructure; knowledge and understanding of Internet web transactions and associated traffic flows
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills with a focus on Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Linux command line and editor
- Ability to make informed analytic judgements and accurately and thoroughly document findings in a written and/or presentation format
- Desire to help the customer make better business decisions through the analysis of cyber threats, system development and big data
- Strong Analytic and creative problem solving abilities
- MUST be a US Citizen to be eligible
- Experience in forensic cyber analysis
- Ability to perform pattern recognition and analysis
- Progressive experience in data analytics; focus on internet web transactions is preferred
- Programming experience
- Ability to easily communicate complex ideas to senior executives
- Experience within or directly supporting 24/7 watch function; familiarity with visualization tools, response procedures and key challenges in a watch environment
- Highly inquisitive and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, written, and organizational skills
- Understanding of the current cyber, insider threat and cyber fraud landscape preferred
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website