As a statistical analyst and researcher with our team, you will be working with our clients to design and conduct scientific research studies, perform data and statistical analyses, and disseminate results of the team's work through conference and client presentations and in peer-reviewed publications and journals.
In our forensic science work we are leaders in extensive high-profile studies evaluating the accuracy and reliability of forensic examination, in disciplines including latent fingerprint examination, forensic footwear examination, forensic handwriting/document examination, forensic firearms examination, and blood spatter analysis. Today our team consists of scientists, engineers, researchers, developers, and analysts that have served federal, state, and local government clients on high-consequence problems in forensic science, biometrics, computer vision, media analytics, and AI/machine learning for over 20 years.
- You have MS or PhD in statistics, data science, forensic science, or other scientific discipline
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience in scientific research
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience with data analysis / statistical analysis
- You have very strong writing skills
- You want to work in an agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
- You challenge the status quo, are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies, and wish to share insights and mentor your peers
- You are able to obtain a government security clearance
- Has experience with designing, conducting, and publishing scientific/engineering research
- Has hands-on experience in forensic science research
- Complements our existing team, likes solving problems, and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Strives for excellence, is eager to explore new technologies, and develop new skills
- Can self manage, has strong self-organization skills, and is eager to contribute
- Has hands-on experience developing image processing and/or pattern recognition code
- Has strong presentation / oral communication skills
- Has forensic DNA experience
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website