Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace, developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that mirrors the speed of life. S&T's mission is to deliver and transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise. S&T oversees basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
Our team of Documentation Specialists supports the DHS Science and Technology Directorate as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet homeland security threats. DHS S&T is required to be in compliance with federal standards for records management. The skills of this team are critical to ensuring S&T's compliance, but also ensuring that information is accessible across a widely matrixed organization.
The responsibilities of these team members may include:
• Developing and executing information management processes,
• Ensuring policies and procedures are followed,
• Developing and utilizing databases to ensure document storage and access is in compliance with federal requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 1-10+ years of experience, depending on the level of the role (Note: a M.A. degree may be accepted in place of 2-5 years of experience depending on seniority of the experience)
• SECRET clearance
• Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
• Experience developing and maintaining effective information management plans, processes, repositories, and systems.
• Experience organizing and managing documentation.
• Experience developing processes, policies, and procedures to ensure documents are stored, catalogued, and are retrievable.
• Experience supporting documentation audits.
• Experience evaluating documentation for compliance.
• Experience with Federal data storage and archival requirements and classifications.
• Experience with sharepoint development, use, and maintenance.
• Experience establishing technical documentation for the design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of information storage systems and processes.
• Experience developing database tools for monitoring documentation systems, and which enable analysis and reports on the repositories.
• Candidates with a Secret clearance and DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards including as a Washington Post "Top Workplace" in the Washington D.C. area, for 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website