As a data scientist within our team, you will be working with our clients to design, create, evaluate, and maintain solutions using your experience and expertise in data science and machine learning. In your role you will work with various teams to identify, manage, research, develop, and present data analytics projects and solutions for various national security and intelligence missions.
Our team consists of developers, scientists, engineers, researchers, and analysts that have served federal, state, and local government clients on high-consequence problems in data analytics and AI/ML for over 20 years. Our team is engaged across the intelligence community and has been instrumental in making our customers' programs successful.
• You have a BA/BS (or higher) in a data analytics, engineering, computer science, mathematics or related discipline and at least 10 years of hands-on experience in analytic methods and tools in applied math/statistics, computation, and visualization.
• You have hands-on experience with some of the following languages and/or tools:
o Programming and Scripting: Python, SQL, Hadoop, Spark, C, C++, Java, Git, Bash, awk
o Statistics, Visualization, and Geospatial analysis: R, Tableau, ArcGIS
o Operating Systems: Linux, Centos, RHEL, Windows
• You have knowledge and hands-on experience with some of the following:
o performing academic and open source literature reviews
o developing data analytics for relationships/discovery, situational awareness, and systems modeling
o engineering solutions to optimize, monitor, and measure performance of algorithms
o project management concepts
• You desire to work in an agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
• You challenge the status quo, are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies, and wish to share insights and mentor your peers
• You possess a TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance
• You have experience working with USG clients, operational components, and stakeholders
Beyond the requirements above, our ideal colleague:
• has strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., technical writing)
• has led technical training on data science topics
• has a background in DevOps, engineering lifecycle software solutions, and designing and implementing enterprise systems.
• has led programs related to data science, training, and engineering
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website