As a data scientist within our team, you will be working with our clients to design, create, evaluate, and maintain solutions using your experience and expertise in data science and machine learning. In your role you will work with various teams to identify, manage, research, develop, and present data analytics projects and solutions for various national security and intelligence missions.
Our team consists of developers, scientists, engineers, researchers, and analysts that have served federal, state, and local government clients on high-consequence problems in data analytics and AI/ML for over 20 years. Our team is engaged across the intelligence community and has been instrumental in making our customers' programs successful.
• You have a BA/BS (or higher) in a data analytics, engineering, computer science, mathematics or related discipline and at least 5 years of hands-on experience in analytic methods and tools in applied math/statistics, computation, and visualization.
• You have hands-on experience with some of the following languages and/or tools:
o Programming and Scripting: Python, SQL, Hadoop, Spark, C, C++, Java, Git, Bash, awk
o Statistics, Visualization, and Geospatial analysis: R, Tableau, ArcGIS
o Operating Systems: Linux, Centos, RHEL, Windows
• You have knowledge and hands-on experience with some of the following:
o performing academic and open source literature reviews
o developing data analytics for relationships/discovery, situational awareness, and systems modeling
o engineering solutions to optimize, monitor, and measure performance of algorithms
o project management concepts
• You desire to work in an agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
• You challenge the status quo, are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies, and wish to share insights and mentor your peers
• You possess a TS/SCI security clearance
• You have experience working with USG clients, operational components, and stakeholders
Beyond the requirements above, our ideal colleague:
• has strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., technical writing)
• has led technical training on data science topics
• has a background in DevOps, engineering lifecycle software solutions, and designing and implementing enterprise systems.
• has led programs related to data science, training, and engineering
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website