- A minimum of either:
- A Master's of Science (MS) or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Engineering, or related scientific or engineering discipline, and 15 years of related experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Engineering, or related scientific or engineering discipline and a minimum of 20 years of related experience.
- At least an interim SECRET clearance and DHS Suitability, with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Experience with cybersecurity research topics and/or cybersecurity operations
- Familiarity with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing topics
• Doctorate Degree.
• TOP SECRET Clearance with DHS Suitability.
• Experience in the leveraging of cloud computing resources for distributed collaboration.
• Experience in managing large data sets using cloud storage and management for data science and machine learning applications.
• Experience with cloud service provisioning.
• Experience with the implementation of new algorithms into operations.
• DevSecOps experience.
Technology and threats evolve rapidly in today's ever-changing environment. In response, DHS S&T was established by Congress to provide innovative scientific and technical solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges. Within S&T, MCS executes Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) to transition solution approaches, technologies, and knowledge products in support of DHS Component customers including U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Secret Service, , the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Federal, State, Local Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT) first responders, and the larger Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). MCS covers all DHS mission areas and serves 13 discrete customer portfolios.
Noblis is positioned to provide technology and operational solutions to senior decision makers in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. The DHS S&T Directorate is the primary research and development arm of DHS and manages science and technology research, from development through transition, for the Department's operational components and first responders. Established by Congress to provide innovative solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges, S&T is the core source of scientific and engineering expertise for DHS and is uniquely postured to enhance our nation's security and resilience by providing knowledge products and innovative technology solutions for the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE).
This role provides research and development support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet the next homeland security threats.
This position entails supporting Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) of Cybersecurity Data Analytics methods and infrastructure.
This work entails working closely with the CISA, R&D performers, and DHS S&T program management teams to manage technical collaborations that lead to tools that are successfully transitioned to operations.
The responsibilities of the team member may include:
- Providing Technical Support to ongoing Mission and Capability Support cybersecurity projects.
- Providing Technical Support to ongoing Technology Centers Division projects.
- Providing technical support in the areas of cybersecurity research, specifically in the areas of threat hunting, software analysis, deception technologies, and cloud security.
- Providing support to projects that involve AI/ML.
- Assisting federal SME leads in reviewing deliverables against requirements.
- Assist federal SME leads in coordinating, tracking, and submitting responses to taskers.
- Coordinate responses to taskers related to FOIA requests.
- Experience with algorithm prototyping and maturation.
- Participate in industry events, working groups, trainings at the direction of an under the guidance of TC/RA leads.
- Research current and emerging technologies, technology trends in both industry and academia.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of statements of work (SOW), project planning and coordination.
- Identifying the viable technical approaches for addressing technology gaps from the existing state of the art and ongoing Research, Development, and Innovation efforts.
- Applying technical acumen and strategic thinking to support RD&I program and portfolio strategies.
- Evaluating the feasibility of technical approaches to problems.
- Reviewing technical reports and providing critiques of methods and results.
- Developing and evaluating scientific capability development strategies.
- Developing research and development strategies based on technical results.
- Assessing the efficacy, safety, cost lifecycle costs of proposed or realized scientific solutions.
- Intaking Component requirements, articulating them to DHS S&T stakeholders, and documenting potential development pathways.
- Communicating scientific findings to technical and non-technical audiences as needed.
Apply on company website