Noblis is seeking an experienced Chief People Officer (CPO) who will be based in its Reston, VA headquarters location. The CPO will lead the enterprise-wide talent management strategy and manage Human Resources (HR) Operations including Talent Acquisition; Employee Relations & Retention, Compensation, Benefits and Rewards; Organization Development and Learning, and People Data and Analytics.
The CPO will be a member of the Noblis executive leadership team and will report directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CPO will work collaboratively with the business (Mission Area and Shared Services) unit executives to create an employee-centric work environment that is responsive to the needs of our clients, allows people to realize their full potential and supports Noblis' strategic growth initiatives. He/she will be a model for high standards and drive ethical behavior at the individual, team, and organizational level.
- Top level executive responsible for leading the human resources function at an enterprise level including talent acquisition, employee relations and retention, compensation, benefits and rewards, culture development, workforce planning, change management, organizational development and training, HR information systems and analytics.
- Create and execute an enterprise level Human Resources (HR) strategy that is aligned with the organization's mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Mission Areas and Shared Services and serve as a strategic adviser to executive and senior leaders to influence and champion people-focused decisions, strategic organizational design and build collaborative HR partnerships in support of business objectives.
- Build and lead the talent management strategy at an enterprise level in a technology forward company.
- Manage Talent Acquisition in the development and execution of staffing strategies that support the recruitment of high potential talent at appropriate staffing levels.
- Design and implement a competitive compensation, benefits and reward system and workforce planning strategies.
- Responsible for vendor negotiations regarding employee benefit programs and alignment with employee needs and corporate financial objectives.
- Implement learning and development programs that develop and build core skills, management competencies, critical technical competencies that support business objectives and other training that supports employee career and competency development.
- Develop methods to collect and deliver metrics and analysis of performance, attrition, hiring, employee engagement to business leaders to influence decisions. Identify trends within designated Mission Areas and business units and monitor execution of action plans to address issues through proactive training, turnover and retention strategies, career development and other methods.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources across the United States.
- Serve as an active voice for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Oversee departmental budget planning and management, ensuring alignment with approved operating plan.
- Promote the Noblis culture through employee engagement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 20+ years of experience; Master's degree and 15+ years' experience; SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Expert in creating and implementing high-quality talent people strategies and programs that can scale, particularly in building and acquiring talent in the federal government contracting market.
- Experience with a company that achieved transformational growth with 1000 or more employees.
- Deep understanding of federal government technology professional services and solutions business. Successful leading HR teams in the Intelligence (IC), Defense and Federal Civilian markets.
- Possess a strong business acumen and understanding for how HR drives and contributes to business performance.
- A proven track record of being a strategic advisor, he or she must understand the organization and potential evolution of the business.
- Track record of, and passion for, being a collaborative team player with excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, and organizational skills who can empathetically engage with staff across levels.
- Proven leadership and executive-level experience requiring strategic planning, policy development, administrative decision making, and complex problem solving.
- Skilled at influencing key decision makers in a changing environment. Demonstrated ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization. Strong leadership, consulting, and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated experience championing forward-thinking initiatives, that leverage the latest trends and tools in the marketplace. Able to understand technology/data and use it to drive productivity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Has strong network and associations presence in the marketplace.
- Experience advising to C-suite and engaging with Government Contracting Boards
- Understanding and experience with Executive-level compensation.
- Experience in people and cultural integration when executing mergers and acquisitions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website