The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Voice Switching and Recording (VS&R) Program Office (AJM-315) is responsible for the management and implementation of the FAA's voice communication acquisitions. These acquisitions range from the maintenance of Legacy Voice Switch equipment currently fielded across the United States to the design of new systems and procurement of future equipment to the procurement and replacement of the FAA's voice recorders. The Budget Analyst will be focused on supporting the FAA in modernizing existing Air Traffic Control voice communications capabilities of the National Airspace System (NAS). The Budget Analyst will provide direct support to the VS&R Business Manager and assist with tracking, maintaining, and reconciling FAA financial records. The Budget Analyst will use office productivity tools and approved FAA systems to assist with budget formulation, presentation, and execution activities. The Budget Analyst will interact with a team comprised of FAA, Noblis, and Subcontractor staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with maintenance of the VS&R business plan in Business Plan Builder (BPB)
- Assisting with development, review, and processing of Resource Planning Documents (RPDs) in the FAA's Simplified Program Information Reporting and Evaluation (SPIRE) tool
- Updating and submitting Monthly Smart Sheets in SPIRE
- Assisting with data maintained in the Corporate Work Plan (CWP)
- Preparing and processing Project Scope Agreements (PjSAs), Project Level Agreements (PLAs), Project Authorizations (PAs), Procurement Requests (PRs), Purchase Orders (PO), spend plans, and capitalization forms for each of AJM-315's major programs. Documents may be created in FAA-specific financial applications and/or office productivity applications, to include but not limited to Procurement Information System for Management (PRISM), E2 (a web-based, end-to-end travel and expense management tool), Regional Information System (REGIS), National Program Capitalization Tool (NPCT), CWP, Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management (OPPM), Microsoft Office applications.
- Preparing program funding reports, spending status reports, monthly financial reports for analysis and/or other special reports
- Tracking and reporting on the financial status of AJM-315's programs, using custom excel workbooks and other financial reporting applications.
- Tracking, maintaining and reconciling federal travel records within custom excel workbooks and FAA's financial tool (REGIS).
- Drafting responses to congressional inquires
- Preparing materials for and participating in FAA program review meetings and presentations to the FAA Joint Resources Council (JRC) and the Capital Investment Team (CIT)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or a related field plus 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and financial software applications
- Exceptional attention to detail, well organized, and the ability to self-prioritize multiple activities
- Ability to effectively initiate action, collaborate with others, and drive action items to resolution
The candidate should possess some of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience in financial analysis and/or accounting
- Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Knowledge of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Knowledge of the FAA National Airspace System (NAS)
- Knowledge of FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS)
- Experience with approved FAA systems such as Business Plan Builder (BPB), the Simplified Program Information Reporting and Evaluation (SPIRE) tool, and the Procurement Information System for Management (PRISM)
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website