- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical engineering, architecture or other relevant field
- USGBC LEED AP Certification required
- 10 years' relevant experience
- U.S. citizen
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Desired experience:
- US Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system required
- Green Globes desired
- The Whole Building Design Guide (WBDG),
- ASHRAE 189.1,
- WELL, Fitwel.
- Other standards and rating systems.
- Siting, design, construction, commissioning, continuous commissioning, operations and maintenance, to closure.
- Working with the DOD and new building technologies and the various opportunities for technology insertion considering a buildings life from MILCON
Please note: This is not a full-time role, but will rather be a sporadic need, and will roughly be between 400-500 work hours / year. Work may be conducted on a flexible schedule.
Be a member of the technical team supporting federal government customers including the General Services Administration (GSA) and the Department of Defense (DoD) to provide high-performance building subject matter expertise. The Architect is responsible for drafting and reviewing content for the GSA Sustainable Facilities Tool related to high performance building aspects and initiatives.
Content will range from materials of construction for workspaces such as offices and conference rooms to whole building systems (e.g., heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) and best practices (e.g., healthy buildings, integrative design) to compliance with federal government initiatives.
Serve as a High Performance Building Architecture Subject Matter Expert to:
- Review technologies, proposals, demonstration plans, and final reports for building technologies focused on resilience, high performance, or energy efficiency aspects.
- Develop comments and actionable recommendations for principle investigators to improve proposal, develop a more comprehensive test, or better collect and document findings.
Apply on company website