Required minimum skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8 years of related work experience with sustained excellent performance
- Strong communication capabilities, both verbal and written, for communication with clients, user communities, other organizations
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated cross-functional team collaboration and program management skills
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Technical background working either as a systems engineer or a software developer/engineer
- Proficient with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Web Services, HTTP, REST, SOAP
- Experience with Third Party Message Queuing Products (ActiveMQ, WebLogic, Solace, Kafka, Etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with system-to-system messaging protocols such as HTTP, Java Messaging Service (JMS), Solace, or AMQP.
- XML Configuration and layout working knowledge
- Experience working with APIs
- Knowledge of information exchange standards in the aviation domain such as AIXM, FIXM, WXXM, MMIXM
- Knowledge of the FAA JRC process
- Experience deploying in a cloud environment such as AWS
- Experience and strong understanding of the FAA SWIM system and related systems
- Experience providing engineering support to FAA Mission Support and or NAS programs
- Experience with requirements definition
Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation's aviation vision, this is the job for you!
Noblis is seeking a self-motivated, energetic individual to work as a Systems Engineer in the Washington, DC area. The successful candidate will have a strong background in requirements development/management, web services and JMS, development of system architecture, and will have a solid understanding of FAA programs or systems including Flight Management Programs. The Systems Engineer for FAA System Wide Information Management (SWIM) program applies comprehensive system engineering principles to support the investigation, analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, testing, and evaluation of NAS equipment and procedures for current and future capabilities. Recommends development and design changes to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Provides expertise in the transition of legacy systems to modernized systems.
Work Location: Temporarily from Home now due to COVID. Post-COVID work location is Washington, DC.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary technical POC/engineer assigned to FAA programs, provide advice and technical assistance regarding system-to-system enterprise data sharing/messaging and to onboard users to enterprise data sharing/messaging services.
- Perform systems engineering work in support of FAA programs to map their data sharing requirements to available FAA enterprise data sharing services (JMS Pub/Sub, and Web Services).
- Perform software service requirements development, software service design, integration activities, support system test and evaluation, configuration control, and other engineering efforts to integrate enterprise data sharing services for the FAA.
- Coordinate engineering efforts for FAA programs including the planning, tracking and completion of engineering activities to implement enterprise data sharing services.
- Provide engineering support and technical assistance to FAA projects and programs – coordinating daily with producers and consumers of aviation related data (flight, flow, weather, etc.) to ensure their requirements are addressed.
- Facilitate technical interchange meetings to review and discuss systems engineering products, progress, schedules, open action items and issues.
- Provide support for estimating costs associated with system-to-system enterprise messaging services.
- Provide input to requirements, architecture, and design of system-to-system enterprise data sharing services.
- Contribute to white papers, briefings, status reports, and other documents as required.
Apply on company website