Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace, developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that mirrors the speed of life. S&T's mission is to deliver and transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise. S&T oversees basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
Noblis is supporting critical missions providing program support, technical and scientific advisory services, financial analysis, and data analytics support.
Our teams of Analysts support the DHS Science and Technology Directorate as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet homeland security threats. DHS S&T relies on critical analysis across the organization, from specific topics of interest to Homeland Security (e.g., biometrics, economic and behavior analsysis, etc), to the business, performance, quality assurance, and organization analysis required to help the directorate meet its strategic goals. The skills of this team are applied across the four pillars of S&T.
The responsibilities of these team members may include:
• Collecting and analyzing data sources,
• Developing and presenting solutions to our client,
• Developing processes,
• Supporting organizational assessments,
• Developing evaluation metrics and processes,
• Performing quality assurance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 1-10+ years of experience, depending on the level of the role (Note: a M.A. degree may be accepted in place of 2-5 years of experience depending on seniority of the experience)
• SECRET clearance
• Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
• Expertise in fields of interest to domestic national security, to include one or more of the following: behavioral science, biological threats, chemical threats, explosives, cybersecurity, data science, biometrics, decision science, identity management, modeling/simulation, or related fields.
• Experience in business process engineering, performance management, organizational assessment and evaluation, and quality assurance.
• Experience developing and evaluating metrics which tie to project, program, portfolio, and organization success.
• Experience providing direct or consultant support to major programs or offices which required evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions.
• Project Management Professional certification, Agile ScrumMaster/Project Owner certification, or demonstrated experience in program management.
• Experience providing consistent and clear communication with program managers and leadership.
• Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO/CWMD, USCG, ICE).
• Demonstrated strong technical writing skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
• Candidates with a Secret (Top Secret/SCI) clearance and DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards including as a Washington Post "Top Workplace" in the Washington D.C. area, for 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website