Job Summary: Performs a variety of manager functions to ensure efficient operation, high level of cleanliness, quality, and service throughout the Environmental Services function. Manages daily tasks of the department staff and ensures compliance with all regulatory agency standards and safety practices. Responsible for all of the public areas including lobbies, meeting spaces, offices, as well as, the Floor Care Team. Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2-4 years Experience in Environmental Services
- 1-3 years Experience as a supervisor or manager of employees
Job Specific Duties:
- Establish and annually review standard operating procedures for all associates in accordance with established policy and practices of the facility.
- Monitors staff compliance with operating procedures and develops processes for monitoring Lead EVS workers.
- Plans work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate EVS services are rendered to all areas.
- Assures staff follows guidelines; monitors attendance, performance, and take proactive action when patterns of issues/concerns are observed. Ensures punching in/out of Kronos, proper uniform, call in policy, etc. Prepares and administers associate disciplinary action notices and conducts follow up as required with guidance from Leader.
- Interview, select, hires, evaluate, and monitor's staff performance in accordance with facility standards.
- Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility, recommend painting, repairs, furnishings, special projects, and generate work orders.
- Orientate, train, coach, develop, and supervise all EVS Team Leads and staff under span of control.
- Schedules and supervises all work related to floor care, ensure proper frequencies are maintained, and adequate supplies/equipment are available to perform tasks.
- Assigns personnel to projects or established special duties. Ensures all daily tasks are covered on a timely basis.
- Meets with supervisors, leads, etc. to discuss tasks, concerns, and needs on a daily basis.
- Conducts regular staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate EVS activities. Ensure proper supply control guidelines are followed and trains staff in the use supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for safe work practices and routines as applied to EVS services. Reports safety hazards to management.
- Provides monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans, and staff education/training on proper floor care. Prepares and reports established metrics for the department by assigned shift (HCAPHPS, PACT Productivity, MCH SEI Scores, Press Ganey, Response Time to Stats, Turnover, QA tool, etc.).
- Responds to concerns and requests with a sense of urgency and take corrective action to including timely follow up. Assure the integrity of security at the facility is maintained at all times.
- Supervises the relocation and storage of al furnishings and equipment, as well as, the relocation of space to improve the sanitation and appearance of the facility.
- Participates in established QA program by completing timely and thorough inspections as required. Compile, review, and present results monthly to Infection Control and Administrative Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Knowledge of Spanish language preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in Floor Care and supervising Floor Team preferred.
- Proficient in use of Windows Office software including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Verbal/written communication, critical thinking, service excellence, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbally and written format.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with customers and leaders within the organization.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- Ability to meet established goals and objectives by Leaders.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral presentations.
- Positively represents the Health System and the department in all aspects of customer service.
- All verbal and non-verbal interaction remains positive for all internal and external customers.
- Handles all situations calmly, professionally, and decisively.
- Able to identifies and corrects issues which can hinder our ability to deliver excellent customer service.
Apply on company website