This Warehouse Operative position is responsible for safe, efficient line stocking and warehousing of raw materials. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor. This position interacts with Production, Compounding, Maintenance, Supervision and Management, Scheduling, and the Plainfield Warehouses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Adhere to all Company Safety Work Rules, policies, procedures and cGMPs.
- Consistently pass required forklift testing and safety training.
- Become proficient in using Red Prairie system /RF & BPCS.
- Verify all materials supplied to production are correct for the current job per specification sheet.
- Inspect pallets for protruding nails, broken or missing boards and purge defective pallets.
- Inspect applicator for contamination and defects before supplying the production line.
- Review daily schedule for planning purposes.
- Calculate material requirements by item for efficient floor stocking.
- Read shop print sheet for each scheduled job.
- Deliver raw materials to machine locations from warehouse line staging areas and/or warehouse locations.
- Remove raw materials from machine area at changeovers.
- Re-wrap all raw materials before returning them to warehouse storage.
- Replenish pallets for palletizes and hand stacking locations.
- Place damaged skids on scrap pallet trailers for return to vendors.
- Remove finished goods from pallets / shipping floor when needed.
- Change and thread the stretch wrap film as needed.
- Notify maintenance of repairs needed on stretch wrap machines.
- Be proficient on all material handling equipment and operate safely.
- Maintain good housekeeping in materials storage area.
- Change equipment batteries and perform routine maintenance checks.
- Notify warehouse personnel when materials are needed from outside warehouse.
- Record material movements and enter into computer / RF equipment.
- Verify count on return material.
- Replace identification tags onto material.
- Attach finished goods tags to pallet side.
- Load Trucks.
- Operate Forklift and Truck/Reach Truck safely.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to safety operate a lift truck and to pass certification.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Previous computer / RF experience preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience operating a stand-up forklift truck.
Apply on company website