Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer, and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning, and disinfection products.
We're currently looking for a Regulatory & Product Safety Specialist in our Montvale, NJ location.
The Regulatory & Product Safety Specialist position in the Nice Pak R&D organization provides ongoing regulatory and product safety support across Nice-Pak's portfolio of wet wipes, including baby wipes, facial wipes, moist toilet wipes, OTC Antibacterial hand wipes, cleaning and EPA disinfecting wipes. This position supports the review of product information on new and existing Branded and Private Label products to ensure they are fully compliant with all key market global regulations and that they meet all required raw material and finished product safety requirements. The Regulatory & Product Safety Associate provides raw material and safety guidance, executes assigned projects and works closely with a cross-functional team to bring these projects to launch/market. This is an ideal opportunity for any individual looking to leverage and develop his/her regulatory and product safety expertise, with the opportunity for career advancement in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Supports assigned projects and existing product portfolio by providing guidance and oversight on the safety and regulatory requirements of the raw materials and final formulas used in wet wipe products to ensure consumer safety and regulatory compliance
- Provide regulatory and product safety guidance on all new product developments to ensure they are compliant with US, Canadian, EU, and Asia regulatory requirements for cosmetics, disinfectant/biocides, antiseptics/OTC, and general cleaners
- Supports implementation of global product registrations and regulatory approvals in consultation with line manager and outside consultants
- Address Private Label customer inquiries on the raw materials and formulas used in the wet wipes products
- Coordinates information with R&D counterparts and suppliers to generate and maintain the accuracy of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Consults with internal experts and external consultants to define the regulatory requirements, strategy and product safety requirements and timings for specific wet wipe initiatives
- Collects and collates required regulatory data and documents of the product core dossier/technical file relating to projects; partner with the dossier/technical file authors to ensure consistency and ‘right-first-time' approach
- Collaborate with Regulatory colleagues in ensuring safety/clinical claims substantiation
- Achievement: Ability to deliver technical work on time, without issue, and in a quality manner
- Ownership: Ability to demonstrate strong ownership of assigned projects and project workability to work independently
- Partnership Skills: Ability to work well cross-functionally, communicate effectively and work as part of a team to achieve objectives
- Entrepreneurial Skills: Ability to demonstrate creativity in the role, explore new and more efficient ways of working and contribute new product ideas
- BA/BS degree in the natural sciences (preferred)
- Computer literate (Outlook/Word/Excel/Power Point)
- A minimum of 0-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with consumer cleaning products and/or biocides (preferred); experience from related product groups (e.g. Cosmetics, Pharma) will also be considered
- Prior work experience in the consumer products industry (highly preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task, with strong time management skills
- Ability to display flexibility and adapt to change
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Proactive, independent, and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Associate will work in an office environment
Visit us at LinkedIn
Apply on company website