Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products. We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This position is for the Household Line Night Shift. This position has the primary responsibility for the daily production results for assigned production line(s). This includes meeting targeted objectives in the areas of productivity, uptime, waste, safety, output, and quality. This position is responsible for the supervision and direction of a designated team and their performance in order to insure that the work performed meets the Company's production quantity and quality standards, and that this is done in compliance with and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices. In addition, this position is responsible for individual team member performance including selection and training of employees, counseling, and performance evaluations and adherence to Company policies. This position interacts with all support departments including but not limited to scheduling, warehouse, compounding, maintenance, human resources, etc. In addition, this position supervises between 10-25 employees inclusive of Machine Operators, Material Handlers, and mechanical staff. Direct the work activities of the production team and allocate resources in order to meet daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality targets.
- Along with team members identify and resolve machine downtime, quality defects, machine efficiency losses, material problems, etc. Direct team members in the resolution of issues, which adversely affect production, material usage and quality. Work with team mechanic to resolve mechanical problems contributing to machine downtime. Supplement the efforts of and effectively interface with Quality Assurance Inspectors.
- Provide direction to production staff during equipment downtime in order to best utilize their working time.
- Ensure that raw materials are adequately stocked on the production floor.
- Assure accuracy of shift production reports and other batch documentation, including, but not limited to
- Production logs - Material Control Reports
- Line Reports - Rework sheets
- Waste reporting
- Quality Defects
- Perform Safety audits in order to ensure that team members are in compliance with company policy.
- Maintain Good Housekeeping (cGMP) Standards.
- Provide constructive input pertaining to product/process pre-shift activities and insure that production start-up and new/revised products or processes can be satisfactorily handled by team members. Conduct pre-production team meetings on a daily basis to ensure minimum production interruption at shift handoff.
- Communicate downtime issues to maintenance, shift management and oncoming shift management.
- Coordinate and communicate line changeovers with line staff and supporting groups (e.g. compounding, warehouse, maintenance, etc).
- Take corrective actions, including recommending and administering disciplinary actions in order to resolve individual team member performance issues which do not conform to established Standard Operating Procedures, policies, and practices.
- Ensure that all team members are trained to perform the functions to which they are assigned. Ensure that all team members know how to effectively perform all necessary product assembly, quality, safety, materials control, and production functions, including accurate preparation of daily reports.
- Ensure that all line personnel perform their jobs in a safe manner complying with company safety standards and safety policies. • Investigate and report all accidents and near misses that occur.
- Ensure that all line personnel have received the necessary training to safely operate equipment.
- Establish a mutually supportive and effective interface with other production teams, their supervisors, and production support services
- Responsible for assisting in the continuous improvement process by developing and implementing written improvement plans to achieve production, quality, uptime, control and personnel management goals.
- Conduct periodic team meetings with intent to provide feedback, communicate change, and identify action items utilized in developing continuous improvement plans.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED, College degree within a technical discipline preferred
- Possess high-level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good math skills.
- The ability to utilize SPC and other statistical tools is highly desirable.
- Willing to work overtime as required
- Knowledge of cGMP's and other directly related FDA regulations.
- Skilled in the use of PC's including supporting software such as excel, word, and other data base programs.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a supervisory or leadership capacity. Working in a medical device and/or OTC drug-manufacturing environment, food packaging or nonwoven converting operation is highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS NONE: Fast paced manufacturing environment
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system. All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
Apply on company website