The IT help desk technician (Technology Support Specialist) will report directly to the Manager of IT Operations – Technology Customer Success Manager and will be responsible for providing an excellent level of service to internal customers who request technical assistance. The individual selected for this position will provide technical support by phone, email, and through face-to-face interactions by receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user technical help requests.
NHA, founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.
- Respond to technical support requests (telephone, email, face-to-face), while providing a high level of customer service
- Solve technical issues using remote management tools and best-practice procedures
- Documentation and recording of solutions to assist with knowledge transfer, and the continuous build of our knowledge base
- Assist with deployment of refresh and new technology
- Accountable for 95% customer satisfaction on resolving trouble tickets
- Potentially traveling to support schools and/or other IT projects, less than 1 week a year
- Work closely with team leadership, immediate team and cross-department peers, and vendors to optimize technology for our internal customers
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline, preferred
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a technology customer support and or help desk environment (internship acceptable)
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Intermediate experience with Windows and Chrome client operating systems and related hardware preferred
- Basic knowledge of wired and wireless network connectivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly think on feet
- Strong customer service skills
- Ongoing interest in technology solutions, and desire to stay current with the ever-evolving landscape.
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website